Principal: Joey Sheroan
PGES Coach: Ben Vanderhorst
Family & Community Liaison: Nikki Kiser
Secretary: Jane Wolfe
Attendance Clerk: Glenda Evans
Counselor: Dana Moses, (859) 381-3402
Social Worker: Jody Carper
School Nurse: Erin Claypool
Librarian: Kay Snyder, (859) 381-3389
Cafeteria Manager: Jody James, (859) 381-4868
Family Resource Center Coordinator: Kasey Spicer, (859) 381-4543
Garden Springs Twitter stream
FCPS Twitter stream
FCPS on Facebook
Garden Springs PTA on Facebook
Channel 13's Video on demand
Safety tipline, Online Prevention
Bullying, Violence, Risky Behavior
Please click the button below to make a report.
This is NOT for reporting emergencies. If the situation you are in is a true emergency and requires immediate responses, you should call 911.
This is an anonymous service. We can only contact you if you choose
to identify yourself, and that choice is strictly up to you. We will take
all reports seriously.
If you are caught reporting things you know are not true, there will be consequencues. Please respond respectfully and responsibly.
Welcome to Garden Springs
Garden Springs Elementary Mission Statement
Garden Springs Elementary exists to create a collaborative community of learners that ensures all students achieve at high levels and are prepared for lifelong success in a global society.
Our School Hours 7:45 AM - 2:35 PM
Click here for the new Mission Statement and vision of GSE
Click here for the 2016-2017 GSE School Supply List
2 STEPS TO AN EXCUSED ABSENCE!!!
1. If your child is absent, please call the school at 381-3388 before 7:30 a.m. If you do not call us, we will call you each day.
2. For an absence to be excused, it must be followed up with a written excuse within 3 days. FCPS Board Policy does not allow us to accept notes after this time and absences will remain unexcused. Remember, when you take your child to a doctor or dentist, get a note.
See all the details in FCPS Code of Conduct .
What is an excused absence/tardy?
- Death of immediate family member
- Illness of student: Parents have a total of ten (10) parent notes to write for student illness. After a total of ten (10) cumulative absences due to illness, students are required to present a written statement from a medical professional for each additional absence for the school year in order to be excused.
- Religious holidays and practices
- Medical and dental appointments
- Family emergencies: limited to three (3) cumulative absent events per school year, as approved by the Principal.
FAMILY VACATIONS AND TRIPS ARE NOT EXCUSED ABSENCES UNLESS YOU COMPLETE THE EDUCATION ENHANCEMENT PROCESS AND ARE APPROVED.
Check out the GSE PTA website!
You can donate to the PTA, get updated news, and see the updated calendar of events.
Reminders for Parents
Safety: Please remember the safety of our students, there is a sign that reads that you may not make a left hand turn to enter the school campus via the Garden Springs Drive during the hours of 7:00-7:45 a.m. or 2:15-3:00 p.m
If your child is absent or tardy, you must send a note stating the reason with your signature and the date of absence or tardy to school within three days.
Please remember that breakfast is served between 7:15 a.m. and 7:35 a.m.
School Improvement Plan (CSIP) 2015-16
How can you apply for free/reduced lunch?
Bus Route Information
How do I enroll a student?
What is the out of area process for registering students?
Where can I access medical forms to turn into the school?
8/29 Girl Scout Meeting 5:30 in library
8/30 Boy Scout Meeting 6:00 in library
9/5/16 No School - Labor Day
9/12-9/16 BOOK FAIR
9/12/16 SBDM 4pm in library
9/15/16 Picture Day - Individual Pictures
9/22/16 Title 1 Night & PTA Family Engagement
10/6 & 7 - No School - Fall Break